To access your student's information:
- Please click here on Home Access Center
- Enter your secure login information (Use Login and Password that you received at Back-To-School Night or was mailed to your residence.)
- If you experience difficulty or have any questions about this service, please contact the school at 331-7540.
Educational standards describe what students should know and be able to do in each subject in each grade. In California, the State Board of Education decides on the standards for all students, from kindergarten through high school. Since 2010, 45 states have adopted the same standards for English and math. These standards are called the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Having the same standards helps all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state. Teachers, parents, and education experts designed the standards to prepare students for success in college and the workplace. Here is a link to the Common Core Standards: www.cde.ca.gov/re/cc/
ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE
LMS accepted Millswood administration's challenge and drenched it with 39 staff members participating. We used the event as a learning opportunity and fundraiser. Mr. McGregor shared about the disease before taking his seat in the circle. LMS staff and students donated over $500 to ALS.
To View Video Click Here
2014-2015 Parent Involvement
Title I Parent Involvement:
- Purpose: To assist teachers, counselors, administration, and other school staff members, in developing, maintaining, and reinforcing positive relationships with parents in order to increase student achievement.
- How it Works: Use of Title I Parent Involvement and other appropriate categorical/general funds are provided to help increase parent involvement at IEP, IST, 504, Parent Conferences, ELAC, SSC, Back-to-School Night, Open House, Music/Choir & Fine Arts Program, Parent/Guardian Orientation, and End-of-Year Promotion.
Back to School Night:
- Purpose: Offer parents the opportunity to view their students' classrooms, meet their teachers, and learn about grading, classroom expectations, and instructional strategies to be used. Emphasis will be placed on student work, learning, and when homework is due.
- How it Works: Parents and guardians will be greeted during by administration and teachers in the multi purpose room. After a brief presentation by the principal, students and families will be dismissed to participate in a mini school day.
Community Reading Nights:
- Purpose: To support parents/guardians in the encouragement of their child's literacy skills. This is a fun family activity that promotes increased bonding among students, families and teachers/staff.
- How it Works: Participants can bring their own reading material such as books, magazines, newspaper, and/or electronic platforms like iPad, Kindle, Laptop computer, or use the school computers.
- Purpose: To showcase the talent of students and their achievement. Emphasis is placed on student work that has been completed or is in progress.
- How it Works: Participants will be greeted by administration as they enter the Multipurpose Room for a brief "Welcome Reception" that features light refreshments. Participants are then free to tour the campus as each department will be setting up exhibits.
School Site Council:
- Purpose: To provide parents an opportunity to nominate and vote on a parent to represent them during school site council meetings. The focus of the council is to develop and monitor the school plan. That includes utilizing appropriate funds to support student achievement and parent involvement.
- How it Works: The School Site Council establishes a calendar in order to meet every four to six weeks. Meetings are generally 1 hour long and meeting agendas are posted for public review 72 hours in advance. Parents along with educators discuss student academics, funding, and program evaluation.
English Learners' Advisory Committee:
- Purpose: The parents/guardians of students who are learning English at Lodi Middle School are invited to participate on the committee. Participants work together to support students academically.
- How it Works: 8 meetings are held each year with parents and guardians so that they can have input into the site plan and monitor the students in the English Language Development program.
- Purpose: Offer parents/guardians the chance to work with teachers and students on fundraising in order to fund activities for students, teachers, and the community.
- How it Works: Meetings will be held once a quarter to focus on the charter and ongoing fundraising activities for the advancement of Lodi Middle School.
September 17, 2014
What's New @ LMS!
945 S. Ham Lane
Lodi, CA 95242
Scott McGregor, Principal
Office Hours 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Office Phone 209-331-7540
Will My Student Promote?