Educational standards describe what students should know and be able to do in each subject in each grade. In California, the State Board of Education decides on the standards for all students, from kindergarten through high school. Since 2010, 45 states have adopted the same standards for English and math. These standards are called the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Having the same standards helps all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state. Teachers, parents, and education experts designed the standards to prepare students for success in college and the workplace. Here is a link to the Common Core Standards: www.cde.ca.gov/re/cc/
Scholastic Book Fair is here!
March 9th - 13th
7:30 - 2:30
or shop Online for larger selection
we still get credit for purchases
Scholastic Online Bookfair
Important Dates for 8th Graders
March 9th –March 13th - Middle College applications are reviewed and those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
April 7th- Lodi High presentation/orientation at LMS .
April 7th- April 9th - Interviews for Middle College.
April 10th- Lodi High scheduling at LMS.
May 29th- Promotion ceremony at 9 a.m.
Parents are also encouraged to visit the high school websites for updated information.
Tokay High School http://tokay.lodiusd.net
Lodi High School http://lodihigh.lodiusd.net/
Middle College http://middlecollege.lodiusd.net
Ms. Alexander WON!!!
Thanks for voting!
Fabulous Science Teacher
Watch KCRA News Clip
2014-2015 Parent Involvement
Title I Parent Involvement:
- Purpose: To assist teachers, counselors, administration, and other school staff members, in developing, maintaining, and reinforcing positive relationships with parents in order to increase student achievement.
- How it Works: Use of Title I Parent Involvement and other appropriate categorical/general funds are provided to help increase parent involvement at IEP, IST, 504, Parent Conferences, ELAC, SSC, Back-to-School Night, Open House, Music/Choir & Fine Arts Program, Parent/Guardian Orientation, and End-of-Year Promotion.
Back to School Night:
- Purpose: Offer parents the opportunity to view their students' classrooms, meet their teachers, and learn about grading, classroom expectations, and instructional strategies to be used. Emphasis will be placed on student work, learning, and when homework is due.
- How it Works: Parents and guardians will be greeted during by administration and teachers in the multi purpose room. After a brief presentation by the principal, students and families will be dismissed to participate in a mini school day.
Community Reading Nights:
- Purpose: To support parents/guardians in the encouragement of their child's literacy skills. This is a fun family activity that promotes increased bonding among students, families and teachers/staff.
- How it Works: Participants can bring their own reading material such as books, magazines, newspaper, and/or electronic platforms like iPad, Kindle, Laptop computer, or use the school computers.
- Purpose: To showcase the talent of students and their achievement. Emphasis is placed on student work that has been completed or is in progress.
- How it Works: Participants will be greeted by administration as they enter the Multipurpose Room for a brief "Welcome Reception" that features light refreshments. Participants are then free to tour the campus as each department will be setting up exhibits.
School Site Council:
- Purpose: To provide parents an opportunity to nominate and vote on a parent to represent them during school site council meetings. The focus of the council is to develop and monitor the school plan. That includes utilizing appropriate funds to support student achievement and parent involvement.
- How it Works: The School Site Council establishes a calendar in order to meet every four to six weeks. Meetings are generally 1 hour long and meeting agendas are posted for public review 72 hours in advance. Parents along with educators discuss student academics, funding, and program evaluation.
English Learners' Advisory Committee:
- Purpose: The parents/guardians of students who are learning English at Lodi Middle School are invited to participate on the committee. Participants work together to support students academically.
- How it Works: 8 meetings are held each year with parents and guardians so that they can have input into the site plan and monitor the students in the English Language Development program.
- Purpose: Offer parents/guardians the chance to work with teachers and students on fundraising in order to fund activities for students, teachers, and the community.
- How it Works: Meetings will be held once a quarter to focus on the charter and ongoing fundraising activities for the advancement of Lodi Middle School.
Beautiful Day @ LMS
What's New @ LMS!
945 S. Ham Lane
Lodi, CA 95242
Scott McGregor, Principal
Office Hours 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Office Phone 209-331-7540
Will My Student Promote?
Safety & Security Parent Newsletter