- Attendance Policy
- 221-Need Help?
- Online Lunch Application
- Will My Student Promote?
- Parent Survey
- Online Registration
- Online Payments
ATTENDANCE: EVERY DAY COUNTS!
Good attendance is one of the keys to success in school. Any time a student is absent, that absence must be cleared by sending a note with the student when he/she returns, or by calling the attendance office (331-7541) between 7:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Please include the first and last name of the student, the date of the absence, the reason for the absence and the grade of the student. Parents will be contacted by letter when absences have not been verified. Parents are reminded that it is their legal responsibility to see that their student attends school. Absences for such reasons as family vacation and family business are discouraged and unexcused.
Absences must be cleared within 10 days, or they cannot be excused. This is state law.
Wondering who can help?
It's that simple
A friendly voice will answer your call and help you sort things out
Search the cloud for an answer
San Joaquin 2-1-1
Get Connected Get Answers
Chromebook Payments via the Online Payment Center
Featuring purchases and payments using credit cards or PayPal
The Online Payment Center [OPC] allows Parents to use a credit card or PayPal account to purchase Chromebook Care Plans and/or pay for Chromebook incidentals such as repairs and replacement fees.
3 Easy Steps for Parents
Step 1. Navigate to https://www.lodiusd.net/opc, then click on the Chromebook Icon
Step 2. Select your transaction, then choose your payment type
Step 3. Complete the Online form and submit for payment.
- School Planner and ID badge (LMS supplies first one)(replacement $5)
- 3 ring binder(s) prefer 3" (AVID students need a 3" binder)
- Spiral Notebook(s) 9"x 11" college ruled
- Binder Dividers
- Highlighters in different colors--wide and narrow tips
- 10 or more #2 pencils
- College ruled binder paper-package
- Colored index cards - 8th grade
- White Board Markers (Dry Erase)
- Pens (blue or black and red for corrections)
- Calculator (scientific preferred) for 8th grade
- Glue Stick
- Colored Pencils
- Colored Markers (not Sharpies)
- Ear Buds
- Index cards
- Graph paper
- Spiral bound notebook
Suggested supplies at home:
- Pencil sharpener
Anderson Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-3:00
Barbagelata Tuesday and Thursday 2:20-2:50
Blevins Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:20-2:50
Cazale Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:20-2:50
Herringer Tuesday and Thursday 2:20-2:50
Lewis Tuesday and Thursday 2:25-2:45
Tunnell Tuesday and Thursday 2:25-2:45
Hahn Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-3:00
Hardwick Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-3:00
Haynes Tuesday 2:20-2:45
Mrs. Nelson Tuesday and Thursday 2:25-3:00
Taylor Tuesday, Thursday 2:20-2:45
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 2:20-3:20
Boschee Thursday 2:25-3:00 Room 31
Chapman By appointment only
Christensen Tuesday, Thursday 2:20-3:20 Room 30
DiDonato Tuesday 2:30-3:45 or by appointment Room 29
Ordway Tuesday and Thursday after school
Box Everyday except Wednesday 2:20-4:00
Castillo Tuesday 2:20-2:45 Quiz Make-ups and Retakes
Owens Tuesday and Thursday 2:20-3:00
Alexander 3-4 times a quarter. To Be Announced in Class
Carleton Tuesday and Thursday mornings 7:00-7:55
Hyllen Tuesday 2:30-3:15
Nelson Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-3:30
(need to sign up)
Taylor Monday 2:30-3:00
- General School Rules
- Vikings C.A.R.E.
- Tardy Policy
- ID Policy
- Student Planner
- Lodi Middle School 1:1 Chromebooks Home to School Connection Initiative
- Computer Use
- Library Use
- Dress Code
- Disruptive/Inappropriate Items
- Student Handbook 2020-2021
GENERAL SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS
1. Students will be respectful and not interrupt the teaching or learning process.
2. Students will follow the classroom expectations as posted in each individual classroom.
3. Students must have a pass when they leave a classroom.
4. Students will follow the dress code and wear his/her own lanyard every day at all times except in PE. The lanyard must be displayed on the student before leaving the PE classroom.
5. Due to health and safety concerns, our classrooms, hallways and common areas are food and drink free and for the same reason, food and drink are not allowed to be shared. Seeds and gum are NEVER allowed at school. Door Dash and other food delivery services are not allowed to deliver food to students at any time during the day.
6. Student cell phones and other distracting devices are never allowed to be used on campus and must remain in a backpack (not a student’s pockets) until the student officially leaves campus outside of the gates. If these items are seen on campus, they will be confiscated and returned only to a parent/guardian.
7. For student and staff safety, the use or possession of perfumes, deodorants or other aerosols on campus is prohibited.
8. Students will not touch others in inappropriate ways. This includes pushing, hitting, wrestling, play fighting, holding hands, hugging, or any other touching determined to be inappropriate by any staff member observing the behavior. Students must be in Bridge (the after school program), study hall or a school club by 2:30 to stay on campus after school.
COMPASSIONATE - Be kind, friendly, patient, encouraging, helpful, understanding
ACCOUNTABLE - Be on time, prepared with materials, organized with planner and lanyard clearly visible
RESPECTFUL - Be responsible in class, to school and personal property, and when speaking to everyone on campus
ENGAGED - Be on task, actively participating in class, compliant and follow all classroom and school rules
ATTENDANCE: EVERY DAY COUNTS!
Good attendance is one of the keys to success in school. Any time a student is absent, that absence must be cleared by sending a note with the student when he/she returns, or by calling the attendance office (331-7541) between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Please include the first and last name of the student, the date of the absence, the reason for the absence and the grade of the student. Parents will be contacted by letter when absences have not been verified. Parents are reminded that it is their legal responsibility to see that their student attends school. Absences for such reasons as family vacation and family business are discouraged and unexcused.
Absences must be cleared within 10 days, or they cannot be excused. This is state law.
State law legally excuses absences only for the following reasons:
2. Medical Appointment
3. Death of an immediate relative
5. Independent Study
Unexcused absences can include:
1. Car trouble
2. Oversleeping, etc.
**Note: A student who arrives by bus may not leave campus after arriving at school.
Students must be seated in class ready to work at the beginning of each period.
Students who fail to meet this requirement are tardy.
All 1st period tardies to school will result in lunch detention.
Tardies to periods 2 through 6 will result in:
1st Tardy – Warning from teacher
2nd Tardy – Teacher phone call, email, or note to parent warning of detention
3rd Tardy – Detention from teacher
4-9th Tardy – 30 minute administrative lunch detention
10th Tardy – Administrative referral with Friday School
Students will be given a school planner on the first day of school. All students must bring and fill out their teachers’ agendas in this planner on a daily basis. Omission of bringing the planner or filling it out is subject to consequences of detention or Friday School. Pages should not ever be torn out or removed. Lost, stolen, or damaged planners will be replaced at the cost of $5.00 by the student.
Lodi Middle School 1:1 Chromebooks Home to School Connection Initiative
Chromebooks are intended for school work only.
Students will be responsible for any damage to the Chromebook and must return the items in good working condition.
As with textbooks and other district issued equipment, the parent/guardian is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement if the device is not returned, damaged, lost, or stolen.
Students may obtain insurance coverage (Chromebook Care Plan) until the end of the 3rd week of school. After 3 weeks, devices will require inspection before buying insurance.
Student & Parent/Guardian Responsibilities:
Students are not allowed to personalize or tamper with the Chromebook in any way. Examples of this are putting stickers on the Chromebook, markings, downloads, paints, altering backgrounds or fonts, changing any system settings, etc.
Leave asset tags displayed; do not tamper with or remove. Leave vents uncovered.
Report any damage to the device as soon as possible to a teacher. Restart devices daily to ensure they receive important updates from Google.
Completely shut down the device before traveling.
Students should save their work to their Google Drive Account only. No flash drives of any kind allowed!
Charge the device fully each night.
Leave the power adapter at home.
Shutdown the Chromebook when not in use. Closing the lid does not turn off the Chromebook and will cause the battery to drain faster.
Store the device on a desk or table, never on the floor or top of cloth items; such as pillows, couch or bedspread!
Students are expected to use district technology safely, respectfully and responsibly for educational purposes. Students are to adhere to the Acceptable Use Agreement form (LUSD Exhibit 6163.4)
While on campus, Chromebooks are to ONLY be used in the classroom setting with teacher supervision.
Chromebooks can only be used during Academic Hour while in Bridge.
Keyboard Repair or Keyboard/Trackpad Replacement $5 to $75
Casing/Housing Replacement $65
Screen Replacement $100
Power Adapter Replacement $30
Chromebook Full Replacement $200 -
Lodi Middle School’s computer policy adheres to guidelines and requirements established by Lodi Unified School District. A copy of the board policy is
available in the school office. Internet and computer access is a privilege. Students are to use the school internet access for school work only. Downloading music, video clips or photos is permitted only for school projects. Students may NOT change their wallpaper. Students who deliberately access inappropriate materials or abuse the privilege will be subject to administrative progressive discipline. Students are monetarily responsible for any damages incurred according to the District guidelines.
The Lodi Middle Library is available for use by all students. The books in the library cover an extremely wide range of subjects. Materials for recreational reading and for school reports can be found there. Students must bring their ID card or a copy of their schedule in order to check out books. Students must pay for any books that are lost or damaged. If a student abuses his/her library privileges, they may be taken away for any period of time the administration feels is necessary. Chromebook charging station is available before school and during lunch only.
Textbooks are issued free of charge to all students who are held responsible for their care. All textbooks are checked out in the library via a bar code ID process. Students will be required to pay for all books which are lost or damaged and not returned in good condition. However, if a lost book that has been paid for is found and returned in good condition, the money will be refunded.
The Lodi Middle administration has the right to determine appropriate dress and includes no face or body paint. Violations of the dress code may range from the following consequences: phone call home, parent bringing appropriate clothes to school, and detention. All students are required to follow the dress code.
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE SCHOOL DRESS CODE.
1. Shorts are permitted only if they are hemmed and to an appropriate length for school as determined by the school administration. Red shorts are not allowed. Boxers are NOT PERMITTED.
2. Pants: Pants are not to sag below the line of undergarments or shorts. Undergarments and shorts may not be seen as pants must fit over all shorts or undergarments. Pants must be worn as fitted and may not be more than 1 size bigger than the student wearing the pants. No red pants allowed. Pajama bottoms are not allowed.
3. Tops: T-shirts, sweatshirts, shirts and blouses are permitted and must cover the stomach and cleavage. Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, offthe-shoulder and spaghetti straps are NOT PERMITTED even if worn under a jacket. SOLID RED TOPS, SHIRTS or SWEATSHIRTS (no Lifeguard sweatshirts) with or without a design on the front or back are NOT ALLOWED.
4. Leggings: Leggings are not permitted unless worn under shorts or skirts. This particular item of clothing can be revealing and therefore a disruption to the learning environment.
5. Shoes: Closed toe sandals with a back strap are permitted; however, flip flops or slides are not allowed. All students must bring athletic lace up shoes for use in P.E. No RED or checkered red shoes are allowed. Red socks are NOT PERMITTED.
6. Logos/Patches: Must be in good taste and must not display: profanity or sexually suggestive words, or images advertising alcohol, tobacco, or any illegal substance or activity. No professional sports jerseys are allowed. Shirts may not display the numbers 13 or 14.
7. Dresses: Dresses that have tops that resemble tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, or spaghetti straps are NOT PERMITTED. Dresses need to also follow appropriate length guidelines.
8. Hats/Beanies: Students may not wear hats, snow beanies or bandanas. Hoods from sweatshirts may only be worn outside.
9. Belts: Students are not permitted to wear solid red or blue belts or belt buckles displaying gang numbers or names.
Students may carry cell phones and other electronic devices, but these items are required to be turned off upon arrival to school and placed in the owner’s backpack until he/she is outside of the gates at the end of the day. If at any time these items are outside of a backpack (including clothing and pockets), they will be confiscated. On a first offense, the item will be turned into the office for parents to pick up at the end of the school day. On a second offense, the item will be confiscated, and the student will serve detention. In addition, Lodi Middle School is not responsible for items lost, stolen, and/or damaged at school.
Perfumes, colognes, body sprays and spray deodorants are not allowed on campus as they are hazardous to students and staff with allergies and asthma. These items will be confiscated, and the student will serve detention.
Permanent markers are not allowed on campus and will be confiscated and not returned.
District Resources Page GO HERE